Sinking

 Sunday August 2

 Concerned about the effect of the long drought on my small potted alpines, with Pam's help, I planted up the two sinks I prepared last week. 

Previously emptied of spent soil and plants, I patched the top edges of both sinks where the hypertufa had been knocked off. It's over 30 years since I first covered them, the first ones I ever did.They've lasted well.

 


 

Garrulous Gary, number two gardener, was fascinated. He hadn't realised that there was a Butler sink underneath it all.

This is where we are at. Not completed with a top dressing of alpine grit, as I still have some bulbs and a few more plants to add. The new stuff will weather to a better colour match - I hope. The original had peat in the mixture, I used potting compost this time.

 


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birds, Picnic, Ice-cream and Friend

It's the first of the Month

Autumn